Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An introduction

I'll skip any complicated stuff to start with. This is meant to be a sports blog, covering the four main Dallas sporting teams (Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars) with some Australian sport stuff mixed in (league, cricket during the Australian summer and possibly AFL).

Most of the stuff posted here will probably be related to the subjects above and opinionated with occasionally some of my [sarcasm]brilliant[/sarcasm] sporting analysis. Of course, I'm perfectly open to anyone who's willing to be a contributor here.

I'm working on a title banner using my limited Photoshop skills: my plan is basically to display prominent Dallas sporting figures (one from each team) over an Australian flag, possibly dumping over stuff onto it as well. Currently, the planned players to appear on the banner are:

-Ian Kinsler
-Dirk Nowitzki
-DeMarcus Ware
-Brenden Morrow

It's obviously fitting that I should start this blog on the first day of the new year: in fact, it's probably been why I've been holding off making the first post for a while.

Over the next few days, my plans are to make summaries of the states of each of the major Dallas sports team plus tomorrow, and also post a spot related to the third cricket Test starting Saturday between Australia and South Africa.

No comments: